Christmas at Mom's

Friday, December 03, 2004

Just so y'all know

Tom has come up with a great way to let Mom in on the surprise. Here's what we're going to do.

When Mom gets Christmas boxes, she always waits for me to come home before she opens them. When I get home we have a grand old time opening the boxes and putting the gifts under the tree.

Tom is going to mail Mom's Christmas box as usual, except it will be fillied only with candy and packing popcorn. At the bottom on the box, there will be a note that says to look out the front window, where everyone (except me) will be waiting.

When we get close to Mom's, I'll let all my passengers out of the car, and they will get into Tom's car. (We'll probably do this either at the bus turnaround or Dick's driveway.) I'll then drive to Mom's and go inside. Give me a few minutes to hug Mom and the usual stuff, and then I'll have Mom open the box. I don't know if I will be able to get the front curtains closed or not - it may rouse her suspicions. Once she opens the box and sees the note, I'll bring her to the living room. When you see her, start honking the horns like crazy (neighbors? what neighbors?) and the fun will begin!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home