Christmas at Mom's

Friday, November 26, 2004

Liar, liar, pants on FIRE!

Okay, Mom threw me for a loop last night. We were having pie and she said she thought I should stay in Boston for Christmas and celebrate it in January. It was hard for her to suggest this - we have spent Christmas together for many years. But, she thought I was unhappy last year so she suggested this. I feel bad that she thought I was unhappy - I was not. I love spending Christmas with Mom - we have a lot of fun and it broke my heart to think she thought I was miserable. Yes, I missed Scott, but who can blame me? It's hard to spend the holidays away from the people you love. And I would be miserable if I didn't spend Christmas with Mom. So what did I do? I panicked. Guys, I had to tell her. I'm so sorry.....

Psyche! NO, I didn't tell her! I told her I wanted to think about it. Then, on my way home from Mom's I called Tom. And together, we worked out a whopper of a lie! (See, Mom! I actually needed help with this one!) *hee*

So I'm going to tell Mom that I am going to come home on the 23rd, spend a few days with her and go back to Boston on the 26th. The first part is true, the last part, not so true. We'll be heading back on the 28th - I have to work on the 29th.

And I have to tell y'all this. Mom is no fool. She is aware there is something going on, she just does not know what. And Thanksgiving was tough this year! We were making dinner and she was talking about Amy, wondering if she would ever come back home to visit. I said I didn't know (and it was a good thing we were in different rooms, or she would have caught me for sure!) and then Mom said "I don't think she will, and it breaks my heart." And I said "Never say never, Mom."

I just hope Mom will forgive us for telling so many stories - I think it's worth fixing her "broken heart", yes?

Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving, and I'll talk about food another day. I'm still full from yesterday (Riced Potaotes! Ynah!)

1 Comments:

  • My dear sistah,

    Mom has a 6th sense about these things. And don't worry about "breaking her heart". She was just being dramatic. (And am I going to catch heck for THAT one!)

    By Blogger Kat, at November 29, 2004 at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home