Christmas at Mom's

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Sorry Mom...

Yes, we have all had to lie to keep Mom in the dark. Contrary to Tom’s belief, it is extremely difficult for me to lie to Mom – she still has that radar of hers and can always tell when I’m feeling bad about something. I thought for sure she was on to me because I had to pause before every answer I give to her to make sure I’m not spilling anything. After all that we have done to make this a surprise it would kill me if I was the weak link.

 

We have all the stocking stuffers wrapped and we’re finishing laundry tonight. I only work a half a day tomorrow (I’m scared Mom will email me – but if I don’t answer then maybe she’ll think I’m sick.) so I have plenty of time to finish the packing and cat proof the house. This will be the longest we’ve been away from the cats ever (I believe) so I’m preparing myself for the worse. We’ve already taken the breakable items off the tree. But, we have some good friends and fellow cat people that are going to be visiting them while we are gone.

 

Heather is out of school and is excited to go on the trip – she received a ton of money for Christmas from Neil’s family, and even received a gift card from her grand parents in St. Louis (first Christmas gift from them in 3 years) so I see a lot of shopping in our future… J

 

See you guys in 44 hours!

 

Amy

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home